Problem-Solving Guide for Ontario Residents Marketplace for Ontario Businesses
Exciting Reading for Everyone!

Need to fill out an official form? We Can Help!

Feb 14th, 2016 | By | Category: Law

Need to fill in an official form? We can help!

Maybe somebody owes you money or maybe somebody is suing you but you are taking aback for the legal and courts fees you have to pay in order to make a claim or defend yourself in Small Claims Court.

Filling out official forms for Small Claims Courts, Landlord and Tenant Board, Human Rights Tribunal, Workers Compensation Board and other institutions could be tricky and confusing. You cannot imagine how many cases were dismissed due to improper filled out forms.

Toronto Paralegal –


Let’s consider one example:

You are a landlord who wants to evict a tenant for non-payment of rent. If your tenant has not paid the rent on the date it is due, you can give them the “Notice to End a Tenancy Early for Non-payment of Rent” (N4) – standard form from Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board. The rental agreement that you have with your tenant requires the tenant to pay rent on the first day of each month. On May 1st, you waited for the cheque to come; it didn’t come; at 8p.m. you went to your tenant and served them with N4. 14 days were gone but the tenant didn’t pay the rent. You went to the Landlord and Tenant Board and applied for a hearing to evict your tenant. The hearing was scheduled in 45 days. After two months of waiting you came to the hearing but your application was dismissed. Why? Because the earliest day that you could give the notice of eviction to your tenant was May 2nd, not May 1st. You didn’t have any other choice but re-apply and wait again for the Board’s order. Finally, you got the order but you tenant didn’t want to move out. You had to go to the Sheriff, pay a fee and wait again. It could take 3-4 months to evict a tenant. That costly mistake happened only due to the wrong date in the official form N4. At least, your tenant was happy living for free for so long.

Remember, court or board staff cannot provide you with legal advice or help you to complete all necessary forms. Do not relay on information from relatives and friends, unless they are lawyers or paralegals.

At CP Paralegal Services, we offer an option that comes in handy to you: we will prepare the forms and exhibits and guide you to the Small Claims Court process or Board’s hearing for a very reasonable price.

All you need is to make an appointment and find out if this option is suitable for your needs. We are more than willing and ready to help you!

Please remember that CP Paralegal Services provides with paralegal services in Toronto and the GTA: Aurora, Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Caledon, Maple, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Orillia, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill, and Vaughan.

PARALEGAL SERVICES: traffic tickets, speeding tickets, careless driving, driving without insurance, small claims court matters, landlord and tenant issues, immigration, complaints and more.

NEW!!! We can fill out any official forms and write any official letters for you!

If you have any questions please contact CP Paralegal Services:

Phone: 416-671-7670



Tags: , , , , , , , ,