March 19, 2015
At AllOntario, we are working hard to provide:
- Ontario residents with information about the options they have when an ordinary life problem arises by describing the full range of ways-of-help which are available at Canadian governmental institutions, non-profitable and business organizations;
- Ontario small businesses with a platform for free online advertising and link building;
- Ontarians with interesting reading.
Generally, our services are absolutely FREE. Everyone can benefit out of it. Obviously, we need to set the rules to make everybody happy and to keep the site operating properly and securely.
AllOntario accepts only business-related marketing materials (ads, articles, business listings, business events, expert listings, banners, videos etc.). AllOntario does not accept classified ads from individuals (for instance, “sofa for sale” or “basement apartment for rent”).
The following activities are prohibited:
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article if you are not located in Canada
- Posting a duplicate Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article in multiple categories
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article using multiple different email addresses and website addresses
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that created for the sole purpose of directing traffic to an alternate website
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that involves sexual activities and contains adult, mature or erotic content.
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that defames anyone or contains “hate speech”
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that promotes services (products) that are not clear regarding what type of service (products) would be offered.
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that is marketing multi-level jobs where recruitment of other members is part of the compensation.
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that is marketing pyramid schemes or jobs that require upfront or periodic payments.
- Posting an Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing/Article that promotes services (products) that are illegal to provide with, or to own, or to buy or sell in Ontario, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable Canadian laws and regulations.
- Posting deliberately misleading information.
Please note that we moderate all materials before publishing them. Any marketing materials that do not comply with the AllOntario policy will be not accepted, or if they were accepted (for any reason) they will be removed from the site. Additionally, users that violate such policies will be blocked from using the AllOntario website in the future.
Unlawful or Inappropriate Content
AllOntario reserves the right to move, remove or refuse to post any content, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, decides is unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of the Canadian Law. This includes, without limitation:
- illegal content;
- content in facilitation of the creation, advertising, distribution, provision or receipt of illegal goods or services;
- offensive content (including, without limitation, defamatory, threatening, hateful or pornographic content);
- content that discloses another’s personal, confidential or proprietary information;
- false or fraudulent content;
- malicious content (including, without limitation, malware or spyware);
- content that offers, promotes, advertises or provides links to unsolicited products or services.
- obscene, profane, pornographic content;
- threatening, intimidating, abusive or harassing statements;
- content that violates the privacy rights or human rights of others;
- content that violates the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others
- content that unlawfully promotes or incites hatred;
- content that is otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any municipal, provincial, federal or international law, order or regulation.
Including a URL in Your Post
If you would like to get more traffic to your web site, you can include a web site address by including a URL in the Ad/Business Listing/Business Event/Expert Listing. Such links will be clickable. Please do not include multiple different email addresses and website addresses (URLs) as they will be removed. Note that your post must be useful and serve other purposes than to direct more traffic to your web site.
The Homepage Top up Banner
The Homepage Top up Banners is a special section at the very top of the AllOntario homepage where ads are prominently displayed for greatest visibility.
You have the option of purchasing a Top up Banner for one week.
At most 10 Top up Banners will be shown in the Top up Banners section. Note that if more than 10 Top up Banners are purchased, only a random ten will be shown. The ads are randomly picked and will change each time the page is loaded. This rotation system is setup to ensure that all Top up Banners is exposed to as many AllOntario users as possible.
The cost for a Top up Banner depends on the demand for that option. The prices are set so that the feature remains a premium option for those that decide to purchase them. For example, if the price for Top up Banners were to be set too low then there would be too many Top up Banners and those that purchase the option will not get as much visibility. Generally, the prices are set on weekly basis and may change at any time. Please check the “Advertise” page of our website.
The Homepage Categorized Article from the AllOntario Members
Only our Members are entitled to post a Categorized Article on the AllOntario website homepage. If you are a member of AllOntario Club paying $20/month the membership fees you are entitled to post once a month one article (with up to 10 images) of your choice into a category of your choice.
There is no certain number of days during a month for which your article will be displayed on the homepage. It depends on how many Members want to advertise in that particular category: it might be one day or entire month.
Just remember that as a Member you have great discounts on any other type of advertisement.
The membership payments are due on the first day of the month. There is a special situation for the initial payment: if you made your payment any other day of the month but first, we will charge you $5 regardless of the payment was made 2 days or 27 days prior the first day of the next month. So, if you pay your very first membership fee on the second day of the current month you have to pay $5. It is the initial payment adjustment.
Online payments can be made via PayPal. If you prefer to send us a cheque, please ensure that the cheque is issued by a Canadian bank and that you have a Canadian billing address.