Want to work in the skilled trades? Employment Ontario has services right across Ontario that can help you become an apprentice.
- Learn about apprenticeship options: Find out about the many different pathways to apprenticeship that can help you train for a career.
- Choose a career: Learn how apprenticeship training works, and the kinds of careers you can choose. You can also visit our Career Finder to find out which jobs are in demand, and learn about many careers.
- Learn about trade certification: Find out which trades require certification in Ontario.
- Find an employer: Many services are available to help you find an employer who may register your apprenticeship.
- Get financial help: Learn about where you can get grants and other financial help paying for your apprenticeship training and the tools you may need.
- Get personalized advice: Talk to an Employment Ontario service provider in your community and find out if apprenticeship is right for you. You can use the map feature on this website to find this service in your area.
Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $10,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $40,000 over a 48 month period.