Celebrate Ontario comprises three categories:
- Celebrate Ontario provides project-based funding to new or existing Ontario events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that will lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists. Celebrate Ontario applicants must demonstrate how their event will: increase in attendance and geographic reach; increase in tourist visitation and expenditures; improve in quality and sustainability.
- Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster consists of two streams. The Event Bid stream supports bidding costs for major one-time events and the Event Hosting stream supports hosting costs for major one-time events. Support is available for bidding on or hosting major one-time events or events that do not recur annually in Ontario, but travel nationally or internationally to host destinations. These events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to Ontario’s communities, attract significant media exposure, and profile Ontario’s destinations nationally and globally. Blockbuster events must have a cash operating budget in excess of $1 million.
- Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting provides project-based funding to help sport organizations and other municipalities deliver major sport events in Ontario.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers about the Celebrate Ontario, Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster and Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting categories.
The application deadline for the Celebrate Ontario 2015 program has passed. Details on the Celebrate Ontario 2016 program will be posted at a later date.
Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Submit applications at least four months before an event for Event Hosting applications and at least two months before a bid deadline for Event Bid applications.
Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and follow a two-step process:
- Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting Letter of Intent applications must be submitted six months prior to the event date.
- If applicants are invited by the ministry to make a full application following its assessment of their submitted Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting Letter of Intent, their Celebrate Ontario International Sport Hosting applications must be submitted a minimum of four months prior to the event date.
Please review the frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers about Celebrate Ontario program eligibility requirements.
For complete details on Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster program eligibility requirements, please refer to the Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster Application Guide.
How to Apply
In addition to the instructions below, applicants are encouraged to review the detailed instructions on how to apply.
Applicants must first register as users with the Government of Ontario’s encrypted ONe-key log-in system via Grants Ontario. You are strongly encouraged to register for your ONe-key password as soon as possible to ensure that you meet the application deadline.
Following successful registration, applicants must use the appropriate application form available online at Grants Ontario to submit their applications.
Celebrate Ontario applications received in any format other than the application form available on the Grants Ontario System will not be accepted.
The Grants Ontario System Reference Guide for Applicants provides step-by-step instructions for completing an online application in the Grants Ontario System.
Please see the Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster Application Guide for detailed instructions on completing your application.
Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting
Applicants may continue to apply to the International Amateur Sport Hosting program using the 2014 materials.
Celebrate Ontario 2014 International Amateur Sport Hosting Application Guide
Celebrate Ontario 2014 International Amateur Sport Hosting Sample Application – Letter of Intent Application
Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting applicants are also required to complete and attach an Additional Information Package with their online application. The Grants Ontario System Registration Guide for Applicants provides detailed instructions on how to attach documents to an online application.
For technical support, including any computer related issues, please contact:
Telephone: In Toronto: (416) 325-6691; Toll Free: 1-855-216-3090 FREE
Celebrate Ontario applicants with cash operating budgets less than $1 million may direct telephone or e-mail enquiries to a Regional Tourism Advisor.
Celebrate Ontario applicants who require services in French may direct telephone or e-mail enquiries to Renée Ruel, Senior Development Consultant, by telephone at (416) 325-9554 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Ontario applicants with cash operating budgets in excess of $1 million may direct telephone or email enquiries to Luanne Smith, Senior Program Consultant, by telephone at (416) 314-3435 or email at email@example.com.
Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster Event Bid and Event Hosting applicants may direct telephone or e-mail enquiries to Robert Sweeting, Senior Business Advisor, by telephone at (416) 325-7426 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting applicants may direct telephone or e-mail enquiries to contact Russell Zavitz, Senior Coordinator, by telephone at (416) 314-7682 or by email at email@example.com.