Employers are reminded to apply now for funding under Canada Summer Jobs 2015. The funding will create thousands of job opportunities for students across the country.
The deadline for applications is January 30, 2015.
Funding is available to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses to hire qualified young people aged 15 to 30 who are full-time students and intend to return to school in the fall. It is estimated that up to 35,000 young Canadians will benefit from summer employment while helping employers address skills shortages.
Since 2006, the Government has helped thousands of young Canadians receive experience, training, and skills needed for better jobs. Part of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy, Canada Summer Jobs helps students gain the skills and experience they need to be successful, now and in the future, while earning money for the upcoming school year.
- Employers must submit applications by January 30, 2015 at www.servicecanada.gc.ca/csj.
- Since 2006, the Youth Employment Strategy has helped more than 611,000 young people develop skills.
- The Canada Summer Jobs program delivers $107.5 million annually across the country.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses (i.e. businesses with 50 or fewer employees), to help create summer job opportunities for students.
Not-for-profit employers could receive up to 100 per cent of the provincial/territorial minimum hourly wage and mandatory employment-related costs. Public-sector employers and small businesses, with 50 or fewer employees, could receive up to 50 per cent of the provincial/territorial minimum hourly wage.
Employers can apply online at servicecanada.gc.ca/csj. Information about accessing this application is available by calling 1-800-935-5555, or by visiting any Service Canada Centre.
Completed applications may be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Online: Applications must be submitted by January 30, 2015, 23:59 Pacific Time. Applying online is quick and easy.
- In person: Applications must be submitted before the closing time of the local Service Canada Centre on January 30, 2015.
- By mail: Applications must be postmarked on or before January 30, 2015.
For more information about Canada Summer Jobs, visit servicecanada.gc.ca/csj.
January 23, 2015 – Gatineau, QC – Employment and Social Development Canada