Most people think of their basement as a dank, gloomy waste of space – when they think of it at all. But a basement can be much more than just a store for junk.
If you have the right perspective, you’ll be able to see the potential in your basement too. Below are a few things you could do with it:
- Create a guest room: Maybe you’re a really sociable fellow and you always have guests over. Or maybe you just want to have some extra space in case your parents decide to visit. Whatever the case, transforming your basement into an extra bedroom will give you lots of options and extra space.
- Build your very own man cave: Every man needs a space to relax and escape from the rigors of daily life. Furnish your basement with some couches, a television, and a gaming console. Make the space yours. You will not regret it.
- Add storage: Tired of never having enough storage space? Turn your entire basement into a storage area. Go crazy with drawers, closets, and shelves, and you’ll never have to worry about where to put things.
- Work out peacefully: If you’ve got the cash, convert your basement into a home gym. Get a cardio machine, a few weights, some benches and some exercise mats. Make sure you actually use everything and your body will thank you for it.
- Let your kids play: Turn your basement into a playroom and turn your kids loose there. Just wait till you see the pure, unadulterated joy on their faces as they jump around – it will all be worth it.
All that said, remodeling your basement is no walk in the park. By nature, they are designed for functionality, not aesthetics. It takes a professional to know how to alter every detail in pursuit of splendor.