In 2013 Parks Canada and Google began a two-year collaboration to document many of Canada’s most iconic national heritage places through the unique panoramic lens of Google Street View.
The first year’s field season began in May at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site in NS and concluded at Pacific Rim National Park Reserve in BC in September. Google teams hiked along trails and through campgrounds, drove park roads, explored historic sites and even went inside notable buildings, all while photographing them as 360 degree panoramas destined for publication within Google Street View.
Now, after a very productive summer of work, both Parks Canada and Google are pleased to announce that you can go explore them for yourself!
About Street View
Street View allows Google maps users to visually explore and navigate a neighbourhood through panoramic street-level photographs. To access the images, zoom into the lowest level on Google Maps or you can drag the orange “Pegman” icon on the left-hand side of the map onto a street outlined in blue. You can move up and down streets, or look around in 360 degree panoramas. You can see where Street View is available here: www.google.ca/streetview
2013 marks the first year Google’s new “Trekker” Street View backpack was used in Canada. Capable of going anywhere a person can hike, the Trekker is the work-horse of the Parks Canada-Google collaboration, allowing Google to document a wide range of features within Canada’s national heritage places including back country hikes, front country day use trails, campgrounds, the many nooks and crannies of historic properties, and even along the fortification walls of historic battlements.
Next year Google and Parks Canada will continue to work together to document additional national heritage places across Canada, and to return to ones already visited to fill in missing pieces.
Bringing Street View to Parks Canada locations gives Canadians and people around the world a chance to virtually explore national heritage places from across Canada. From planning a summer vacation to augmenting classroom lesson plans, the partnership between Parks Canada and Google will better connect Canadians to the amazing places and geography that defines this country.
AllOntario.ca is a Problem Solving Guide for Ontario residents, a marketplace for Ontario businesses and exciting reading for everyone. It’s all about living and doing business in Ontario. All in one site. It provides information about the options people have when an ordinary life problem arises by describing the full range of ways-of-help which are available at Governmental institutions, non-profit and business organizations.
You can do:
- Place your business listing for FREE to our FREE Business Directory http://allontario.ca/add-your-business/
- Put announcement about your upcoming business event for FREE http://allontario.ca/event-add/
- Join the club and enjoy great membership benefits http://allontario.ca/join/
- Advertise your business http://allontario.ca/advertise-info/
You can learn:
- How to Renew Your Driver’s Licence online
- What to do if an auto accident happened http://allontario.ca/2012/05/motor-vehicle-accidents/
- What are the statutory auto accident benefits http://allontario.ca/2012/05/accident-benefits-claims/
- What to do When You Get Pulled Over by the Police
- Got a Traffic Ticket? Knowing the Options You Have
- How to fight your traffic tickets http://allontario.ca/category/everything-about/traffic-tickets-drivers/ (for more information go to http://paralegaltoronto.ca/)
- Is it a good idea to hire a paralegal to fight your traffic ticket?
- How to evict a bad tenant Landlord and Tenant Matters (for more information go to http://paralegaltoronto.ca/)
- What are EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS IN ONTARIO
- How to make a claim in Small Claims Court Small Claims Court (for more information go to http://paralegaltoronto.ca/)
- How TO REGISTER A BUSINESS
- If your business require a Licence http://allontario.ca/category/everything-about/business-3/licence/
- How to make your business successful Amazing story of Colonel Sanders – the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- How to apply for Canadian citizenship http://allontario.ca/category/everything-about/citizenship-2/apply-for-citizenship/
- How to get or renew a Canadian Passport or ePassport http://allontario.ca/category/everything-about/citizenship-2/passport/
- How to make a complaint about a professional, company, product or service http://allontario.ca/category/self-help/complaints/
- About over 1,500 grants: federal, provincial and municipal governmental grants for families, children, youth, seniors and businesses
- How to immigrate to Canada, visit Canada, study in Canada, sponsor your family member or hire a foreign worker
- About important updates and information Super Visa Insurance – NO NEED TO BE PAID IN FULL!
- About insurance http://allontario.ca/category/everything-about/insurance/ (for more information go to http://insurancestoronto.ca/ )
- How to deal with significant life events: birth, death, marriage, divorce
- Where to find the cheapest car rental in Toronto or rent a car in Toronto without a credit card Car Rental Toronto 4U is the cheapest way to rent a car in Toronto and the GTA! (for more information go to http://carrentaltoronto4u.ca/ )
- About real estate in Ontario, mortgage, bankruptcy, pensions and a LOT MORE
You can know more about Ontario:
- Discovering Ontario http://allontario.ca/category/discovering-ontario/
- Ontario Profile http://allontario.ca/category/ontario-profile/
You can enjoy interesting reading:
- A DAY OUT WITH MY RELATIVES
- LESSONS FROM THE PAST “The brightest light on a little Christmas tree”
- Cinderella, Lesbianism and Great Poet – What do They Have in Common? SAPPHO.
At www.allontario.ca , we are working day and night to create a one-stop site about the possibilities you can explore to find answers for your queries. We are doing our best to make you feel better, think positive, be optimistic, and return to us on regular basis.