September first is one of the busiest moving days of the year in Toronto
By the way, do you know that in Richmond Hill and Toronto, September 1st is one of the busiest moving days of the year? Okay, you are not moving on this day. Doesn’t matter. Moving on any day can be extremely stressful and costly. That is why choosing a reliable and reputable moving company can help ensure a smooth move to your new home.
It is common practice in the GTA for moving rates to vary by season, by day of the week and time of the month. Professional movers come fully equipped and will at least alleviate your back, if not your stress levels.
Ask the right questions
To protect your possessions, hard-earned money and have a headache-free experience you to have to ask the right questions, know your rights and follow these important tips:
- To choose a reputable moving company, get three references from each one you consider for the job and call them.
- To find efficient, professional and transparently priced movers, get written estimates from three different companies. Movers should inspect your stuff in person to confirm the approximate volume or weight in order to provide a proper quote.
- Find out who is responsible for lost or damaged items, whether the moving company is insured, and what their insurance covers.
- When hiring a moving company, be realistic in volume of your stuff. Asking for a bigger truck can be a good idea. It also mean less Tetris-like-loading.
- More movers can make your move faster.
- Ask lots of questions upfront: some companies bill travel time, mileage or a fuel surcharge additionally.
Over 1.5 million Ontarians move every year
According to the Canadian Association of Movers, over 1.5 million Ontarians move every year. The province receives about 300 inquiries and complaints about holding goods to ransom, lost/damaged items, allegations of overcharging and quality of service each year. Don’t be one of the unlucky customers. Get everything in writing and read your agreement carefully before signing. Understand what is included and what is not.
If you have questions or complaints about moving, you can contact the Ontario Consumer Protection Branch at 1-800-889-9768.
Source: The Government of Ontario