Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has released an update on Parent/Grandparent Sponsorship Program.
The 2019 Parents and Grandparents Program will open at noon EST on January 28.
On January 28, 2019 (Monday), starting at noon EST, you will be able to upload an Interest to Sponsor form online to sponsor your parents/grandparents to Canada.
IRCC will be accepting the Interest to Sponsor form for a limited period of time, and will then invite potential sponsors to submit a complete application.
Don’t submit an application until IRCC invites you to apply in 2019. If you submit an application before you receive an invitation, it will be sent back to you.
Do not submit an Interest to Sponsor form more than once. Duplicate submissions will be detected.
Candidates will be invited in the order their Interest to Sponsor forms were received (first-come, first-served basis).
After the cap of 20,000 applications is reached, IRCC will stop accepting applications.
When the 2019 application package becomes available, IRCC will announce it on their Facebook page, our Twitter account and on the official website.
Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada who wants to sponsor Parents or Grandparents living abroad. The application package includes:
- Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771] (PDF, 1.59 MB) July 2018
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 478.72 KB) February 2018
- Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768] (PDF, 1.54 MB) July 2018
- Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents [IMM 5748] (PDF, 1.53 MB) January 2018
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [eIMM 5669] (PDF, 434.14 KB) November 2018
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB) April 2015
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83 KB) November 2018
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB) October 2018
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 1.53 MB) September 2018
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]
IMPORTANT: Check your eligibility before you file an application, or your application will be dismissed.
If you need more information or would like to have help with checking your eligibility or preparing and filing your application contact a licensed immigration consultant.