With changing weather and temperature dropping, most of the people are looking for ways to make their homes secured and efficient in maintaining temperature. In order to ensure that your home is ready to perform well in the harsh weather, you should be inspecting the windows. Damaged and old windows Toronto are among the biggest causes of your home’s inefficiency to reduce energy cost. It is, therefore, necessary to identify and prevent minor issues before it is too late to save some bucks.
Below are some steps that Total Home Windows and Doors have listed down for your assistance:
Toronto Total Home Windows and Doors http://thwindowsdoors.com
7250 Keele Street, Unit 167
Vaughan, ON L4K 1Z8
416-661-6666; 1-855-228-TOTAL (6825)
- Inspect the caulking from outside: Broken seals are among the most important contributing factors to lose heat from the home. It is, therefore, suggested to fix the caulking before it’s too late.
- Quality of weather stripping: It is necessary to make sure that higher energy efficiency in present in operable windows Toronto. Slider and hung windows wear down the weather stripping faster as compared to other unit, meaning that you have to pay extra attention.
- Ease of operation: Ensure that all handles, latches and cranks work properly. There shouldn’t be any strain in opening or closing the units.
- Healthiness of the frames: As the temperature changes, your home might experience deterioration and warpage, particularly in older windows. So, you have to be really careful for joints and corners.
- Seeing through the glass: Cracked or broken panes refer to the condition that the units aren’t airtight and you have to address it as soon as possible.
- Maintaining humidity level: Since warm air has more humidity than cold air, the windows will get more condensed in the winter. Hence, you have to turn down the thermostat level in order to protect condensation without compromising over the comfort.
Total Home Windows and Doors have tried different methods of which, candle test is the best. All you have to do is to hold the lit candle or slightly close to the place where you think the cool air is coming in.
Normally, one or two problems does not mean that the windows Toronto have to be replaced. You can also fix the problem as it would be cheaper and easy. Another important aspect is efficiency and longevity of the units that have to be checked and fixed before the problem accumulates. So, it is your responsibility to identify the problem beforehand.