Information for Employers
As an employer, your workforce is your most valuable asset. Employment Ontario has services right across Ontario that can help you.
- Hiring employees: Get help finding and hiring skilled employees and learn about a number financial hiring incentives available to employers.
- Training and apprenticeships: Learn about how you can benefit from training and apprenticeship programs and hiring incentives, such as the Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit.
- Workplace Literacy: Now more than ever, workers need strong reading, writing, problem-solving, computer and other essential skills to succeed on the job. Employers can help workers build these skills by participating in literacy projects in partnership with Employment Ontario service providers.
- Downsizing and layoffs: Find out about programs that can benefit both employers and employees who are dealing with downsizing and layoffs.
- Forecasting labour: Get access to labour market information and learn how local training boards can help you with forecasting labour supply.
- Work with your community to develop plans for tomorrow’s skills needs.
- Northern Training Partnership Fund
- Ontario is helping Northern Ontarians train for new jobs in emerging resource sectors like the Ring of Fire and green and innovative technology.
Co-operative Education Tax Credit
You may qualify for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 per placement to hire a student who is participating in a co-operative education program at a recognized Ontario university or college.