Developers working with software tools and apps need an environment that is secure and safe for testing and training their work. Thanks to Salesforce Sandboxes, they can get that safe and secure environment they need. Organizations that rely on Salesforce Sandboxes are able to boost their quality of work and helps in planning to achieve the best results faster. They are useful for every developer as they can create copies of the production org for training and testing environments without the fears of compromising or losing metadata.
You might be wondering why Salesforce Sandboxes are so popular and widely loved by developers of software tools and apps. Professionals say that the different types of Sandboxes that Salesforce allow them to create and test their apps and tools in peace. There are no fears of being disturbed by others, and the main metadata of the organization is never compromised. They say that thanks to Salesforce Sandboxes, they are able to get an independent environment for creating and building new things before they are tested and incorporated in the organization’s production org in time.
Key reasons why organizations should choose Salesforce Sandboxes for their business
The following are some of the top reasons as to why organizations should consider using Salesforce sandboxes:
- Add, build & test till you attain desired results: When you are using Salesforce Sandboxes for your software or app development needs, you can test any new object or workflow in peace. You can take all the time you need to test new additions before you can incorporate them into the production org. When you use these Sandboxes, you create an environment where you can build what you want and test its results without the hassles of anyone disturbing you. You can build and test whatever you want till you attain the desired results.
- Plan better: Thanks to Salesforce sandboxes, a developer can plan better and take the necessary action steps when it comes to scheduling updates in the future. It can be done in an effective and organized way in the Salesforce Sandbox of your choice. There are both free and premium types of Sandboxes that you can choose as per your needs.
- The production org. remains safe 24/7: No matter what and how long you are creating, building, or testing new software programs, nothing will adversely affect the metadata in any way. This means the data that you save is safe, and the production org will never be compromised in any way.
- The simplicity of use: Salesforce Sandboxes are simple to create and use. Even if you are a new developer, learning about them will take very little time. Once you get an overview of these Salesforce Sandboxes and the functionality of each one of them, you can start to create, build, and test in comfort at your own pace in peace.
Now, the above is obviously some of the top reasons for you to use Salesforce Sandboxes for your software development, testing, and training needs today. In order to become a master of these Sandboxes, you should use them practically. Practice makes you perfect, and you acquire sound knowledge to start creating and building software programs better in comfort. When it comes to the types of Salesforce Sandboxes, the following is a brief description of them so that you can choose the appropriate one for your needs:
4 Types of Salesforce Sandboxes every developer should know about
- The Developer Sandbox: This sandbox is a replica of the production org, and it has all the configuration data and applications in it. It has a limit of 200MB, and the sample or test data that you keep here can be refreshed once a day.
- The Developer Sandbox Pro: This Sandbox is a bigger version of the Developer Sandbox and has the same function. You get a limit of 1GB of data for tests and samples. So, you can easily work with the production org dashboards, price books, reports, and more with standard and custom objects. You can refresh this Sandbox per day only once.
- The Partial Data Sandbox: This Sandbox has the data that has been defined by the Sandbox template that you create. It generally has the dashboard, reports, and more of the production org. However, you can also get standard as well as custom objects too. This Sandbox has a limit of 5GB for your test and sample data or records, and you can refresh once every 5 days.
- The Full Sandbox: This Sandbox is a complete copy of your production org, and you have all the attachments, documents, along with custom and standard objects. This Sandbox can be refreshed once every 29 days.
Therefore, the above are the major Salesforce Sandboxes that you can work with as a developer of software programs and apps. They are highly recommended by experienced software development specialists for testing and for building the software programs. They are excellent for you to use for training as well. Each of them has unique functionality, and this is why it makes them different from each other. The first two Sandboxes are free; however, the last two come at a price. You can check the pricing policies out along with the features they hold with a qualified Salesforce consultant to help you.
Last but not least, when you are working with software programs and apps, you must ensure that any new addition you make to the program is tested well before you get the results you desire. Quality assurance is important, and this is where all the Salesforce Sandboxes step in to ensure that you get the environment you deserve to create good quality software programs and apps. Choose the right Sandbox for your needs and work in a protected and peaceful environment without the risks of losing the production org or compromising it in any way with success!