Your never-ending quest for the most natural skincare treatment can end here. Acne or inflammation, dark spots or wrinkles, oily or dry – manuka honey is a perfect natural solution for all your skin problems.
A one-ingredient and 100% natural manuka honey face mask.
Thanks to a super-powerful antibacterial compound called methylglyoxal that naturally occurs in manuka, the honey has the ability to calm and moisturize reactive skin in more ways than one. It nourishes the healthy bacteria on the skin’s microbiome and prevents acne-causing bacteria from multiplying.
What Is Manuka Honey?
Manuka honey is a unique type of monofloral honey produced by European honey bees (Apis mellifera) from the nectar of the manuka tree, Leptospermum scoparium. Manuka tree grows uncultivated throughout both south-eastern New Zealand and Australia. The manuka flower is only native to the remote hills and forests. Moreover, it has a short blooming season and the bees have to work very hard, being “busy as a bee” from dawn to dusk, making this type of honey even rarer.
Real manuka honey is raw and unpasteurized
Real manuka honey is raw and unpasteurized, even if it’s not indicated, because pasteurization completely destroys the beneficial enzymes in any type of honey.
What makes manuka honey unique for your skin care?
Is regular honey as good as manuka? No. Although any honey contains a naturally-occurring enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide which, in turn, gives most honey its antibiotic quality, manuka honey is enriched in a super-powerful antibacterial ingredient – methylglyoxal (MG). That’s why manuka honey has extra powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. The higher the concentration of MG, the stronger the antibiotic effect.
Manuka honey face mask’s benefits
- Acne prevention and healing: With above-average antibacterial properties, manuka honey is one of the best natural choices to heal and prevent acne.
- Skin hydration: It gives your face a natural, dewy glow, drawing moisture from the air and pulling it into your skin, and seals it in.
- 100% natural: This gentle skincare treatment is100% natural: no parabens, no phthalates, no fragrance, and no toxic chemicals.
- Sooth skin: The anti-inflammatory and healing properties of manuka soothe your skin and can reduce redness.
- Skin purifying: The enzymes provide a gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin baby soft and glowing.
- Clearer skin: Manuka helps slough away dead cell debris to keep your skin clean
- Optimal pH: The honey balances your skin’s pH level helping good bacteria to stay healthy.
Manuka honey quality ratings
Manuka honey grading system includes the following measurements:
- MGO (MG) that measures the levels of methylglyoxal (has to be at least 250)
- UMF, the Unique Manuka Factor, that measures a variety of other compounds in the honey (has to be at least 16+)
The higher the number in any of these, the higher the quality of manuka honeys.
Manuka honey testing
Manuka honey for export must be tested and pass the Manuka Honey Science Definition test that comprises five attributes: 4 are chemical and 1 is DNA of Leptospermum scoparium. The honey must pass all five tests to be labeled as manuka. This testing came into effect in January 2018.
Manuka honey is the Champagne of the honey world, the liquid gold of skincare products. Use manuka honey facial masks one or two times per week to get the best results.
Join the manuka honey revolution for radiant, glowing skin!
A WORD OF CAUTION: If you are allergic to honey, then sorry, manuka honey facials are not for you.