Small businesses (less than 50 workers) represent 95% of all employers in Ontario, and they employ more than 1.6 million Ontarians — almost a third of the workforce. Strengthening workplace health and safety for workers is Ontario government’s number-one priority to grow the economy. Due to these facts, the Ministry of Labour has introduced new resources to help employers comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
From now on, the ultimate guide for Ontario employers is this:
This webpage has comprehensive information, free resources and tools concerning the following subjects:
Health and Safety
- Guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Guide for Health and Safety Representatives in the Workplace
- Guide to WHMIS
- How to Prepare a Health and Safety Policy
- Report an Incident
- Guide to the Employment Standards Act
- What Businesses Need to Know
- Deductions From Wages
- Employment Standards Tools and Resources
Health and Safety Training
Employers are required, by law, to post the Ministry of Labour’s Employment Standards poster and Health and Safety poster in the workplace.
Health and Safety Contact Centre
- Toll-free: 1-877-202-0008 FREE
- TTY: 1-855-653-9260
The Health & Safety Contact Centre provides services in many languages.
Employment Standards Information Centre
- GTA: 416-326-7160
- Canada-wide: 1-800-531-5551 FREE
- TTY: 1-866-567-8893
The Employment Standards Information Centre provides telephone services in many languages.