ONT-TAXS online is Ontario’s secure, convenient and free online tax service for businesses and their representatives. It saves time and money, reduces paper and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week – https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/services/onttaxs/index.html
With ONT-TAXS online, businesses can enjoy the ease and convenience of online access to their accounts with the ministry to:
- File tax returns
- Make tax payments
- View up to four years of account history
- Update account information
- Request a refund for overpayment of tax
- View PDF copies of most correspondence issued to your business from the ministry
- Communicate securely with the ministry using the Messages feature in ONT-TAXS online. The Messages feature also allows you to attach Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and plain text (TXT) files.
- Provide access to employees or representatives (e.g., an accountant or bookkeeper) to use ONT-TAXS online on their behalf. Representatives can also give their employees the same authorization they have been provided by their tax clients to access client accounts in ONT-TAXS online
The following programs offer some of the online services:
- Debt Retirement Charge, and
- Gross Revenue Charge accounts
For more information about services available contact the ministry at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297).
Safe and secure
ONT-TAXS online uses the Government of Ontario’s secure online registration service, ONe-key, to protect tax client information. ONe-key verifies your identity, authorizes your access and allows you to securely do business with the government online.
The first time you use ONT-TAXS online you will need to create a ONe-key ID and password and sign up for ONT-TAXS online through the ONe-key service. This is a one-time process. In future, the only security information you will need to access ONT-TAXS online is your ONe-key ID and password.
Getting started is fast and easy
Are you a business?
- Select Get Started and complete our online form or call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297). You will need your Business Number to use the online form. If you do not have a Business Number, contact the ministry.
- When you receive your two pieces of enrolment information in the mail, your business is ready to set up your ONe-key account and start using ONT-TAXS online.
Are you a representative?
- Call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297) to sign up as a representative for ONT-TAXS online.
- When you receive your two pieces of enrolment information in the mail, you are ready to set up your ONe-key account and access ONT-TAXS online.
- Then, ask your clients to go to ONT-TAXS online and add you as their representative.