June 9, 2015 – Ministry of Transportation – Free download provides real-time traffic and travel conditions: Ontario’s new 2015 Games Trip Planner is now available to help people get around during the 2015 Pan Am / Parapan Am Games.
The trip planner is available to download for free for Apple, Android and BlackBerry devices and will help Games spectators and commuters find the best route, as well as provide:
- Real-time traffic details to help people avoid road and traffic restrictions
- Travel conditions and estimated travel times
- Temporary HOV lane locations (web version only)
- Traffic speeds and road closures
- Parking and shuttle locations
- A booking feature for accessible parking spots
Many venues that are familiar to Games spectators will operate differently during the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, with new traffic measures and alternative parking locations. The Games Trip Planner includes these changes.
There is also an online version of the trip planner available at 2015gamestripplanner.ca.
Keeping the region moving during the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games is part of the government’s economic plan for Ontario. The four-part plan includes investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- The Games are expected to draw 7,600 athletes and about 250,000 visitors to Ontario.
- There are more than 30 competition venues across Ontario for the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.
- Beginning June 29, 2015, about 235 kilometres of temporary HOV lanes will be in place on stretches of highways 401, 404, 427 and QEW and on municipal roads including the Don Valley Parkway, Gardiner Expressway, Lake Shore Boulevard and Jane Street.
- The temporary HOV lanes will be available to the general public for vehicles with three or more occupants from June 29 to July 27, 2015, for the Pan Am Games and two or more occupants from July 28 to Aug.18, 2015, for the Parapan Am Games.
- There will be increased service on GO Transit and municipal transit during the Games.
- Learn about temporary HOV lanes and local traffic plans for your area.
- Use the Smart Commute tool to carpool.