The Music Industry Development stream of the Ontario Music Fund is designed to strengthen and develop the support structures and systems that contribute to economic and cultural growth of the music industry in Ontario by supporting organizations engaging in strategic initiatives with long-term impacts on the growth and sustainability of Ontario’s music industry.
The Ontario Music Fund (OMF), administered by the Ontario Music Office (OMO), is aimed at strengthening and stimulating growth in Ontario’s music companies and supporting this growing sector. The Fund is designed to drive activity and investment and to support Ontario’s music companies and organizations in expanding their economic and cultural footprints within Canada and around the world.
The OMF is structured to complement other public funding programs and aims to address investment gaps at key phases of company and industry development cycles. It provides support through four (4) program streams to music companies (record labels, music publishers, music managers, artist entrepreneurs, music promoters, music presenters, and booking agents), and music industry trade, service, event and training organizations.
Research grants are also available to incorporated not-for-profit industry organizations undertaking research initiatives that support or complement the mandate of the OMDC.
OMF Program Streams
Four program streams have been developed to support the overall OMF program goals.
- Music Company Development
- Music Industry Development
- Live Music
- Music Futures
Beyond these specific program streams, the OMF will consider strategic support for projects that are time-limited and have a high impact on the broader Ontario music industry. Interested applicants should contact the Ontario Music Office to determine if their project is eligible.
Applications may be submitted on an ongoing basis until January 31, 2014. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $350,000 on an annual basis.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Music Industry Development Guidelines, in addition to information and criteria set out in the Ontario Music Fund Overview (OMF Overview).
- Applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the OMDC Music Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Information sessions and webinars will be held during the month of November. Dates and locations will be posted on the website in the near future; please check for updates.
Guidelines and Application Form
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and OMF Overview, and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.