September 1, 2017
Collection of Personal Information
At the AllOntario website, we collect certain personal information. We only collect information that is essential for us to provide our services to you.
The information we typically collect from our visitors includes:
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number (optional)
- Business Address (optional)
Information connected with our FREE Business Directory and Expert’s Listings:
- These categories are business related free listings/advertisement. Information posted there is obviously publicly available. The listing/ad contains appropriate business related information of your choice.
Information connected with the payment:
- All online payments are made through PayPal. We do not have access to your credit card information.
- If you send us a cheque, it is used for the bank deposit only
- We may collect information contained in “cookies,” such as your login data, to personalize your experience with our web site and provide you with the remedies if you forgot your password.
- When you communicate with use through our web site, we collect your email address and any other information that you provide in order to respond to you.
- Also, we may collect statistics on page views, traffic to AllOntario and ad data.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information we collect from you will only be used for reasonable purposes and, subject to limited statutory exceptions. We use your information to:
- provide the services that have been requested;
- respond to a communication from you;
- track, confirm and fulfill purchases;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you;
- customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising, and as otherwise described in this policy.
We may occasionally send you promotional information or updates on important information about our company and services. If you do not wish to receive promotional information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the email communication.
AllOntario deletes personal information when it no longer needs it for the purposes we described earlier. AllOntario retains personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back.
Disclosure of Personal Information
AllOntario does not sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties. We may disclose personal information to government regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law. If we do disclose your personal information to a third party, we will take steps to ensure that the party handles your personal information in the same manner, and to the same standards.
It is important to note that AllOntario will never disclose your personal information with sponsors, advertisers, partners and other clients without your consent or without providing you with an opportunity to opt out. If we ever request information for another purpose, you will be automatically and explicitly informed at the time such information is requested.
Access To and Correction of Your Personal Information
You can see, modify or erase most of your personal information by reviewing and modifying your listing or member account status page, by logging in to AllOntario or by contacting us. Subject to certain legislated exemptions, you are entitled to access:
- Your personal information contained in a record that is in our custody or under our control
- The purposes for which your personal information has been and is being used by us
- The names of the persons to whom and the circumstances in which your personal information has been and is being disclosed
You are also entitled to request that we correct any errors or omissions in your personal information. In order to request access to, or a correction of, your personal information, you must send a written request to AllOntario. Upon receipt of your written request, we will make every reasonable effort to assist you and to respond to your request as accurately and completely as possible.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
As part of our privacy commitment to you, we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all of your personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed, is accurate and complete. In order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information for as long as it is used for the purposes set out above, your prompt notification of any changes to your personal information will assist us.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We have made reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information from such risks as: unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction.
Retention of Personal Information
We have put in place a retention schedule based on our legal and accounting practices that limits the length of time we will keep the personal information you have provided to us. At the end of the relevant period, we will dispose of your personal information in a secure manner.
How We Protect Your Personal and Account Information
AllOntario uses different tools – encryption, passwords, physical security – to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. We use 1024-bit encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) in all areas where your personal and account information is required. We must advise you that there will always remain a certain amount of risk that your personal information may be disclosed. AllOntario makes no guarantees simply because nothing is perfect.
Please be advised
AllOntario contain links to third-party Websites; these are provided solely for your convenience. Clicking on these links will take you outside of the AllOntario website. Please be advised that AllOntario has no control over these third-party websites and, while AllOntario may feature such links, AllOntario will not, at any time, accept liability for these sites. Consequently, personal information that you provide to a Website outside of the AllOntario website is subject to the privacy protection policies of the given third-party site. In the event of abuse by such sites, AllOntario cannot, at any time, be held responsible. Therefore, we strongly urge you to carefully read the privacy protection policies of all third-party sites you choose to enter.
We also would like to inform you that the risks associated with the supplying of personal information in Forum, via e-mail or on a web-based message board are not covered by our privacy protection policy. Please remember, you are submitting this information at your own risk. Thus, you must be careful if you choose to supply personal information through these means.
Also, please be advised that if you choose to provide personal information online and this information is available to the public, you may receive unsolicited e-mail from third parties. AllOntario declines all responsibility in this regard.
The use of “Cookies”
AllOntario or our service providers may use “cookies”. “Cookies” are little bits of information that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. They are saved, either temporarily or permanently, on your hard drive, leaving a trace of your passage. The information can include such things as the date and time of your last visit, a given answer to an online question, personal information, etc. Cookies can also enhance your Internet experience by recording your navigation preferences for a given website.
It is important to know that:
- cookies help identify you and maintain your signed-in status;