Accommodation that Suits Your Nature: Imagine enjoying all the beauty and nature of an Ontario Park without having to bring much gear or sleep in a tent. Maybe you are new to camping and want to stay at a park without having to invest in equipment or perhaps you used to be a camper and no longer want to sleep on the ground. Dedicated summer campers who want to try visiting in the colder months might prefer the warmth of a yurt. Whatever your preference, Ontario Parks has many styles of roofed accommodation to suit every taste.
You can click the icons on the map to see accommodations in your region.
You can also navigate to various categories to see what’s available at different parks.
Roofed Accommodation Reservations in Ontario
- Only yurts can be reserved through the Internet Reservation Service. All other roofed accommodation must be reserved by phoning the call centre 1-888-668-7275 or 1-519-826-5290 (outside North America).
- The maximum length of stay for rustic cabins and cottages is 14 consecutive nights.
- In the peak season (3rd Friday in June to Labour Day), rustic cabins and cottages are rented for one-week minimum (Saturday to Saturday inclusive).
- Yurts are rented for a two-night minimum (three nights on long weekends) year-round.
- Yurts have a two-night minimum (Victoria Day until Thanksgiving) applies during weekdays at Bronte Creek, Bon Echo, Killarney, Pancake Bay, Pinery, Silent Lake and during the winter at Killarney.
- Reservations are only held until 8:00 a.m. the day following your scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations not claimed by this time will be considered a “no show” and a penalty of the first night’s fee, plus the applicable percentage penalty charge will be applied. No show penalty charges.
- In addition to the non-refundable reservation fee, a 50 per cent deposit is required for rustic cabins and cottages.
- Algonquin’s backcountry ranger cabins require full payment of the cabins fees at the time of booking plus the $50.00 backcountry fee deposit (except the Brent and Kiosk cabins)
- Yurts require full payment when the reservation is made.
- For cancellations or to shorten your length of stay a penalty charge will be applied to your deposit (see What You Need To Know section).
- Upon arrival, a security deposit ($100 to $500) will be required. The security deposit is refundable at checkout subject to inspection.
- Pets are not permitted in any roofed accommodation or on the campsite.
- Smoking is prohibited in all facilities. Cooking in yurts is not permitted.
- For rustic cabins and cottages check in time will be after 3:00 pm and check out time will be before 11:00 am. For Algonquin’s backcountry cabins check in time is after 2:00pm, and check out time is before 12:00 noon. For yurts check in time is after 2:00 p.m. and check out time is before 12:00 noon.