Allontario ads

Often, one of the most frustrating things is finding information on the basics. This section is not only a directory related to the law matters but a handy tool to make it easier for you to find the steps you need to follow. Here you will find the links that will take you directly to the source.


General Info Ministry of the Attorney General

Find Legal Aid Offices Ontario Legal Aid, 416-979-1446
Find a lawyer or a paralegal Law Society of Ontario

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West
Toronto ON M5H 2N6
General line: 416-947-3310
Toll-free: 1-800-268-7568
Fax: 416-947-5263
Lawyer and Paralegal Directory
Complaint Against a Lawyer or Paralegal Complaints Services – Law Society of Ontario

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West
Toronto ON M5H 2N6
General line: 416-947-3310
Toll-free: 1-800-268-7568
Fax: 416-947-5263
Clearance Letters Police Headquarter

40 College Street, Toronto
Tel: 416-808-2222
7750 Hurontario Street, Brampton
Tel: 905-453-3311 Ext. 4345
Crime Stoppers 416-222-8477
Pro Bono Law Ontario (PBLO)is a charitable organization that offers pro bono (free) legal services for people who need help with civil (non-family and non-criminal) matters, can’t afford to hire a lawyer and don’t qualify for legal aid. Services:

  • Civil litigation
  • Federal Court
  • Appeals
  • Life events
  • Children and youth
  • Community and cultural issues.
Pro Bono Law Ontario (PBLO) Help Ontario


To use the system, just type in your question & it is sent immediately to a LawHelpLive Coordinator who will start a “chat” with you to answer your question.

There are 2 centres in Toronto: at the Toronto Superior Court of Justice & at Small Claims Court (provide services to self-represented litigants two days each week)


Suing and Being Sued

  • What is a civil case?
  • Is there an alternative to starting a lawsuit?
  • What should I consider before deciding to sue?
  • Who is involved in a civil action?
  • Which court should I start my claim in?
  • What information should I have to support my claim?
  • When should I sue?
  • How much will it cost me to start my claim?
Court Services
Small Claims Court

  • Before Making a Claim in Small Claims Court
  • Small Claims Court Brochures
  • Small Claims Court Guides to Procedures
  • Small Claims Court Forms
  • Ontario Court Forms Assistant
  • The Parental Responsibility Act
  • List of Small Claims Courts
  • Small Claims Court Review
  • Resolving Lawsuits Faster and More Affordable
  • Transferring a case from Superior Court of Justice to Small Claims Court
Lawyers and Legal Aid  
Family Law

  • Divorce and separation
  • Family Justice Services
  • Child custody and access
  • Support for you, your spouse and children
  • Division or equalization of family property
  • Treatment of a matrimonial home
  • Enforcement of support payments
  • Child protection and adoptions


Human Right CodeThere are fifteen grounds of discrimination under the Code: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over, 16 and over in occupancy of accommodation), marital status (including same sex partners), family status, receipt of public assistance (in accommodation only) and record of offences (in employment only) ServiceOntario

To resolve applications brought under the Ontario Human Rights Code The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
general enquiry
T. 416-326-1312
Toll-free: 1-866-598-0322
TTY: 416-326-2027
TTY Toll-free: 1-866-607-1240
Fax: 416-326-2199
Mail: Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
655 Bay Street, 14th floor
Toronto, ON M7A 2A3

The Tribunal is located at 655 Bay Street, 14th Floor in Toronto between Elm Street and Gerrard Street. Drop-offs are best done on side streets such as Walton Street to the north of 655 Bay Street or Elm Street to the south.

Making a Discrimination Claim You must file an application with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. Their website has an Applicant’s Guide, Respondent’s Guide, Plain Language Guide, and the Rules of Procedure Governing Part IV Applications Forms:
Legal services to people who believe they have been discriminated against. The Centre will provide legal assistance to individuals in taking an application to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario to resolve a human rights dispute. Human Rights Legal Support Centre

The OHRC provides leadership for the promotion, protection and advancement of human rights, and builds partnerships across the human rights system The Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC)



Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 ServiceOntario
All matters related to problems between Landlord & Tenants (No Commercial) Landlord and Tenant Board
Toll-free: 1-888-332-3234
Toronto South Regional Office
79 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 212
Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M6
Fax No. 416-326-9838
Toronto North Regional Office
47 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5X5
Fax: 416-314-9567
Durham Regional Office
2275 Midland Avenue, Unit 2
Toronto, Ontario M1P 3E7
Fax: 416-314-8649 or 1-888-377-8808
Landlords having problems with tenants Landlord and Tenant BoardHelp for Landlord (including application forms and guidance)
Tenants having problems with Landlords Landlord and Tenant BoardHelp for Tenant (including application forms and guidance)
Rent Increase Guideline Landlord and Tenant Board


Info about common offences:

  • Excessive noise
  • Speeding
  • Driving without a permit
  • Disobeying traffic signs
  • Parking infractions
  • Not having proof of insurance
  • Public intoxication
  • Trespassing

The following enforcement agencies can issue provincial offence tickets:

  • City By-law enforcement officers
  • Local Police Services
  • Ontario Provincial Police
  • Ministry of Transportation
  • Ministry of the Environment
  • Ministry of Labour
  • Ministry of Natural Resources
  • Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
  • GO Transit
  • Toronto Transit Commission
Ministry of the Attorney General

How to fight a ticket? Ministry of the Attorney General


Access to Information and Privacy

Access to Information Act Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Privacy Act Department of Justice

CIVIL MATTERS, Official Documents & Forms

Authentication of Documents Service Canada

General Inquiries: 1‑800‑267-8376

  • Lottery Licencing
  • Liquor Licence Clearance
  • Line Fences
  • Property Assessment Rolls
Birth certificate

  • Replacement certified copy of birth
  • Replacement birth certificate
  • First birth certificate
  • First certified copy of birth

Newborn registration service ServiceOntario


Changing your Name
If you have been injured as a result of a crime of violence committed in Ontario. Where adequate proof exists, the Board may award compensation depending on every specific case. Criminal Injuries Compensation Board

439 University Avenue, 4th Floor
Toronto ON M5G 1Y8
Toll-Free: 1-800-372-7463
Death certificate ServiceOntario

Ontario Government Forms ServiceOntario
Service Canada – Forms Service Canada
Online Certificate Application

  • Birth
  • Marriage
  • Death


Marriage Services

  • Certified Copy (8.5 x 14) – $22.00
  • Marriage Certificate (7 x 8.25) – $15.00
  • (service counter, online, by mail)

Search for a marriage registration ServiceOntario


Apply for a Canadian Passport  Passport Canada
Social Insurance Number (SIN) Service Canada



(Visited 317 times, 1 visits today)