Ontario Music Investment Fund
The Ontario Music Investment Fund (OMIF) is designed to provide targeted economic development investment to the province’s vibrant and diverse music industry. OMIF supports Ontario music companies with strong growth potential to maximize return on investment (ROI), and create more opportunities for emerging artists to record and perform in Ontario.
The Ontario Music Investment Fund is aimed at strengthening and stimulating growth in Ontario’s music companies and supporting this growing sector. The Fund is designed to drive activity and investment and to support Ontario’s music companies and organizations in expanding their economic and cultural footprints within Canada and around the world.
The OMIF is structured to complement other public funding programs and aims to address investment gaps at key phases of company and industry development cycles. It provides support through four program streams to music companies (record labels, music publishers, music managers, artist entrepreneurs, music promoters, music presenters, and booking agents), and music industry trade, service, event and training organizations.
Ontario Music Investment Fund Program Streams
Four program streams have been developed to support the overall OMF program goals.
- Music Company Development
- Music Industry Development
- Live Music
- Music Futures
Key Program Goals:
- Focus resources on music companies with strong growth potential by:
- Providing investment to drive long-term growth; and,
- Maximizing ROI and enhancing opportunities for emerging talent.
- Strengthen support at critical stages in the careers of artists.
- Focused targeting of funding to optimize revenue, profits, job creation, private investment and tax revenue.
- Production of intellectual property (content) which may be owned and consumed domestically and exported, leading to sustained revenues and jobs in the province.
- Increasing the profile and prestige of Ontario on the world stage as the next generation of breakthrough artists are discovered and developed to their full potential.
Source: Ontario creates – Ontario Music Investment Fund